“Selfcare is not selfish, we have to work out of overflow from a full cup!” – Tamra Andress
Tamra is an entrepreneurial passionista with a heart for illuminating purpose within women as their go-to biz bestie, coach & motivator. She is the host of The Fit in Faith Podcast, an author, and an international retreat coordinator. She’s a wife and mama of 2 as well as a certified ordained minister, born and raised beach babe, lifetime fitness lover, and dancer. An organic proponent with a #YOLO side sweet tooth; living life one Godwink to the next!
Tamra taught us all about some of her favorite hacks for optimizing your business and they totally resonated with us!
- Work Out of Overflow – Are you satisfied with who you are and what you are getting out of life? Working out of a cup overflowing is so much easier to bless others and their lives than from an empty cup. I’m sure we all can think of scenarios we have each been in where we snap at a simple moment in life because we are not filling our cup with the essentials.
- Work with the Algorithm – We’re not just speaking about Instagram and Facebook here. The algorithms of our life can trip us up if we’re not paying attention. Just like social media, the algorithm is there and it’s not changing just because we don’t pay attention to it, so when our life keeps running and we turn away, it doesn’t stop either.
- Find Your Flow – Do you know what flow works best for you? Are you a list maker? In your head task list taker? Well, Tamra teaches us about a MIT list, Most Important Tasks. She uses Asana, and so do we, and she has a special list called her MIT List and your top priorities go there. This means at the end of the day, are the items on that list ticked off? If they’re not, why was that? Make sure this list isn’t too long so you don’t disappoint you when life happens and your list doesn’t get done.
- Make Your Business Work While You’re Away – Systems and Processes are one of our favorite topics to speak about and we’re so glad Tamra is in the same boat. When our life keeps going and we take vacations or time off to focus on other priorities, having a system down to where you can make money while your sleep. So think about a software that is automatic, or your email processing system that sends those emails for you!
- Outsource – And we don’t just mean your inventory!! Can you outsource tasks and to-dos to other people (or software) that allow you to focus on your big picture of why and growing your business? Accounting, not your jam? Outsource it! What about data entry? Outsource! Listen to episode 25 to learn more about hiring a VA!
Using these processes and ways to go about our life and business is essential to living a life full of intention and joy!
Listen to the episode on Apple or Spotify!